Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
All of the people notwithstanding their current situation must be knowledgeable about disaster preparedness. Make sure that you don’t think that a disaster, whether manmade or natural can’t touch you. No one is exempted to experiencing the dangers that disasters can cause. It is vital that you know as many disaster preparedness guides as possible in order to help you survive during the worst case scenario. Now, in the range of this article, we are not able to say all of it. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First and foremost, the most vital tip is to make sure that you and your family has already generated a communication scheme such as the family disaster plan. This can be placed together in a lot of means, on the other hand, one of the most vital is to make sure that there is at least one family member of friend who lives far away that all of you can be contacted in case that you lose the communication with each other.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Be sure to know how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and particularly gas.
4. Make certain that you have an emergency survival kit or package in place for every member of your family that has at least enough supplies like medications, blankets, clothing, water, food and etc that could last for at least 72 hours or more.
5. And also, be certain that you have cash on hand since it is most likely that the ATM will not be working or the credit card terminals in case that a number of stores are still open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. It will definitely be worth it to take some time to learn on how to save the life of another person or yours.
7. Make sure to set a reunion point or a meeting place that is designated to all of your family members or household to gather at.
8. Be sure to know and understand that particular disasters are more susceptible to take place in certain areas and places. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.